Jumeirah Living Marina Gate presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of an Assistant Housekeeping Manager (UAE National) in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1997, Jumeirah Group is a luxury hospitality company which operates a world class 6,500 key port folios of 23 luxury properties across Middle East, Europe and Asia. The group boasts some of the most prestigious and captivating properties in the world. From the iconic hotel and time less pinnacle of luxury, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah to modern twist on a British classic in the heart of Knightsbridge at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, Jumeirah’s name is synonymous with service excellence, crafting exceptional experiences for everyone who walks through its doors. Beyond its properties and resorts, Jumeirah Group is also dedicated to destination dining experiences, combining most authentic & diverse cuisines.
Job Purpose of An Assistant Housekeeping Manger
To assist Housekeeping Manager in smooth and efficient operation of the Housekeeping department, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standards required by the hotel and assist in the planning process.
Duties of An Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- Supervise and coordinate housekeeping attendants by making sure that these services are available and carried out with the utmost efficiency.
- Interact with suppliers and contractors.
- Help in maintaining record of all deep cleaning work i.e. window cleaning, carpet shampooing, drapery cleaning, mattress turning, bedspread cleaning, blanket cleaning and general rooms cleaning.
- Ensure correct distribution and control of master keys.
- Conducts inspections of corridors, public areas, back of the house and rooms to ensure proper cleaning.
- Handle guest and residents’ complaints in accordance with the SOP’s.
- Assist in taking various inventories.
- Actively promote an awareness of guests’ requirements throughout the organization.
- Ensures that responsibilities and authorities are defined and communicated within the organization.
- Promoting Housekeeping service packages to the Residents.
- Ensuring all VIP room sand suites are personally inspected by Housekeeping Management.
- Ensures that all colleagues report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
What You’ll Do More?
- Assists in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- Ensures that all colleagues provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Supervises the colleagues with the department ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained.
- Ensures that all colleagues have a complete understanding of and of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Conducts colleagues evaluations for all housekeeping staff to review their general performance, discuss existing performance and areas of improvements by conducting probationary, bi-monthly and yearly appraisals.
- Ensures that all the colleagues within the department meet the requirements set by Jumeirah International.
- Assists in the training of the colleagues ensuring that they have the necessary skill to perform duties with the maximum efficiency.
- Develops training plan that enhance staff performance and motivate them to be more effective in their work.
- Monitors the result of monthly CSI results and maintaining positive feedback by consistently provided quality service to out guests to enter text.
- Converse and resolve guest complaints/issues in a calm and professional manner.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma or Degree equivalent Hotel related education.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a junior management role within housekeeping in a 4/5 star hotel.
About the Benefits
- An attractive tax free salary.
- Generous F&B benefits.
- Reduced hotel rates across the globe.
- Excellent leave and health care package.
- Flights home, life insurance and other employee benefits.