American University in Emirates
American University in the Emirates (AUE) invites applicants for Alumni Officer in Enrollment Management & Students Services. The job is based in Dubai and desirous candidates full filling the eligibity criteria can apply at this position to be part of globally renowned university.
Job Purpose of Alumni Officer
To plan organize and coordinate activities designed to enhance the educational and life experiences of students.
Responsibilities of Alumni Officer
- Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise special events and activities for students by assessing student interest.
- Initiate, plan and implement student activities that enrich student life in line with the department and university goals and objectives.
- Oversee students’ orientation for the new intakes during Fall and Spring Semester.
- Liaise with departments like Events Management, Admission and Registration, to ensure consistency in the implementation of activities and events.
- Work with students, student council members to enhance intellectual, recreational, community service etc.
- Spreading awareness campaign among students by working with the student council and clubs.
- Oversee disciplinary matters on campus and work to reduce the number of complaints and involved in disciplinary committee.
- Interacts extensively with students, faculty and senior management to educate, influence, and promote various student life activities and maintain student engagement.
- Meeting students and responding to their emails.
Who Can Apply?
- A Bachelors in Education or related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in student related department in a reputable university.
- Experience in student life enrichment initiatives in the academic environment.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to tactfully and politely deal with difficult customer situations.
- Appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Fluent in Arabic English language skills.