National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
National Oilwell Varco Dubai (UAE) presently has a job opening for suitably skilled candidate for position (Temporary 6-9 months) of an Accountant In Dubai, UAE. Established in 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of equipment & components used in oil & gas drilling / production operations, oil field services and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industries worldwide and particularly in UAE. Throughout every region in the world and every area of drilling and production, their family of companies provides expertise, equipment and operational support necessary for success, now and in the future. Conclusively, NOV powers the industry that powers the world.
Job Purpose of An Accountant
Based in Dubai and reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Accountant will play a key role in the accounting preparation for WT ME Shared service – GL team.
Your Job Duties As An Accountant (Temporary) At National Oilwell Varco (NOV) Dubai, UAE
- Assist in day to day accounting function, producing timely and accurate financial statements within the timeline required.
- Prepares supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts. Analyzes and reconciles specified balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Processes and posts entries for routine transactions in JDE and ensures accuracy of the general ledger.
- Review GL account reconciliations following up on aged items.
- Handling month end, quarter end and year end closing procedures.
- Maintain monthly, quarterly, annual and adhoc reporting to Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax and external authorities where required.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure efficient reviews of financial data and controls.
- Handle accounting issues and conduct special projects as assigned.
- Provide financial support for Business Managers and clearly communicate responses to requests.
- Identifying opportunity for process automation.
- Adding value to the assigned tasks.
- Primarily responsible for handling Fixed asset accounting function for Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain entities, with additional ad hoc tasks from UAE area.
- Be responsible for revenue and COGS Accrual and various month end related tasks.
- Coordinate with various operations and finance teams.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years accounting related experience.
- Experience with internal control processes.
- Experience preparing manual journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Experience in JDE ERP.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month end / year end close process.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Self motivated, high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Good communication skills.