An opportunity has arisen at Ajman University for eligible candidates for position of an Account Payable and Payroll Accountant (AP & Payroll Accountant. Established in 1988, Ajman University is an institution that offers a wide range of high quality undergraduate & graduate academic programs. In 2020, Ajman University became one of the first six higher education institutions in the world to receive global accreditation from the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), UK’s independent body and a global leader in quality assurance for higher education. AU develops well rounded, career ready graduates who are professionally sound, competent, socially responsible, innovative & active contributors to development of the UAE.
Scope of Work of AP & Payroll Accountant
- Perform various accounting tasks related to accounts payable, petty cash, research accounting and payroll.
- Work closely with other finance team members to ensure correct and timely processing of financial transactions.
What You Will Do As An AP & Payroll Accountant At Ajman University
- Review, verify, process and document all invoices & payments (direct billing, petty cash, Research & payroll related).
- On time processing of DRGS requests, including compensation of research assistants & issuance of Research advances.
- Coordinate with the Office of HR to ensure timely and correct payroll processing.
- On time processing of Center for Continuing Education and Enterprises (CCEE) payment requests related to the trainers and other payments.
- Processing of Direct Billing requests after ensuring the necessary approval and compliance with the policy.
- Assist in preparing financial reports on research grants, including tracking grant expenses and generating income from the related endowments.
- Monitor Accounts Payable ageing to ensure timely payments, avoid over looking invoices for payment and resolve any concerns.
Communicate with vendors, faculty and staff regarding financial transactions and inquiries.
- Assist with internal audit, year end external audit preparation and other ad hoc projects.
- Handling period closing activities for Accounts Payable and Payroll accounting tasks.
- Any ad hoc tasks from Finance Manager.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in same field in a university.
- Preferably UAE national.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet dead lines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with research accounting and payroll processing.