Higher Colleges of Technology
Higher Colleges of Technology (UAE) is presently looking to hire suitably qualified candidate for the job position of an Academic Support Officer. This job role is specifically for UAE nationals. This job was posted by HCT on 18 September 2023 and is now receiving applications from all interested candidates.
Job Purpose of An Academic Support Officer
Academic Support Officers will serve as a pool to support PTLs, APC, Faculty and students within a program relevant to academic based administrative tasks.
Job Duties of An Academic Support Officer
- Assist in administering the program functions and activities.
- Responsible for providing administrative guidance / support to students.
- Assist students to achieve their academic plans / objectives.
- Ensure that students academic records are kept updated.
- Coordinate with faculty to support and enhance student learning.
Who Can Apply?
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Intermediate computer literacy e.g. MS Office.
- Excellent customer focus and ability to work in a positive manner with a variety of people (students, faculty, staff and administrators).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to function as a team player within a multi cultural work environment.
- Demonstrate motivation, and continuous self improvement.
- Full English proficiency, Arabic is desirable.